SPECIAL OFFER ON REFLEXTIONS: SOUL STIRRINGS - FREE COPY OF EMOTIONS IN TRANSIT WITH EVERY PURCHASE

SPECIAL OFFER ON REFLEXTIONS: SOUL STIRRINGS - FREE COPY OF EMOTIONS IN TRANSIT WITH EVERY PURCHASE
To purchase a copy click on image

27 October 2007

Hold Fast To Dreams

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.

Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.

American Writer, Poet and Essayist
- Langston Hughes - 1902-1967

I believe in dreams. I believe in my dreams so much so that they are now beginning to manifest into tangibles. I believe in my dreams so much so that I am living them and experiencing them on a daily basis and as I continue to strive towards achieving my vision for my life and that of my children, as I strive to give back to others and empower others, I continue to dream and live that dream.

After my sister's death last year November 2006 from breast cancer, and after having to attend several funerals this year - I am even more determined than ever to live life to the full and to achieve whatever I must and can.

For me, the beauty of this journey is not the pursuit of materialistic gain (even though my first car will be an Audi TT) but more so the beauty lies in the fact that many years ago I had a dream, I believed in that dream, I let the power of momentum carry me forward, propelled by action, dedication and perseverance and now many years later I have created something that will one day become an Empire.

That is why I so love the above poem by Langston Hughes, because it depicts so simply the value, importance and power of being able to dream. To me this is a privilege because dreams are so much bigger than we give credit to and the above poem so clearly shows how empty our lives can be without them.

No comments:

Scotland October 2008 Slideshow - Leadership and Youth Training Week

Poetry In Motion - Books for Reflection, Soul Searching and Thought

Please Sign My Guest Book

Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!